- The Quaternary history of eastern and northern Australia with emphasis on climatic variability, the development of the present vegetation, rainforest dynamics and the influence of Indigenous biomass burning.
- The history of climate, rainforest and peatland forest in the Maritime Continent region of Southeast Asia.
- Environmental change, Aboriginal occupation and conservation in south-western Victoria.
- Land-Ocean Correlation of long Quaternary records from the Southern Hemisphere on orbital and sub-orbital timescales
- Palaeolimnological evidence for recent droughts in western Victoria
Honours and research student participation in these project areas welcomed. (Contact APK for further information)