The Communications and Media Studies program explores the ways that individuals, groups and societies interact via verbal, textual, audio and visual communication.
We attempt to make sense of the impact of changes in communication on the ways in which we live, work, interact and connect.
Our students engage with communications and media theory as they relate to media histories, institutions, policy and ethics.
- Screening Melbourne, an exciting conference and events program, was held in the the CBD recently, which involved moving attendees through the city to experience ... Read more
- Death or Liberty, the screen adaptation of the history of political rebels and radicals transported as convicts to Australia, toured to the UK and Ireland ... Read more
- by David Holmes. This summer has seen a concerted attack on renewable energy coming out of Canberra, featuring everyone from One Nation senator Malcolm Roberts ... Read more
- After Death or Liberty premieres in Australia, Manchester and Scotland last year, it has since garnered many awards. The documentary is now on its London, ... Read more
- At a time when Australian pop, rock, country and hip hop acts are finding new international markets in unprecedented numbers, a team of researchers begin ... Read more
- An Empire’s rebels banished to the end of the earth: a documentary brings to life a forgotten history of convict rebels. Read more