Applied Linguistics is one of the fastest growing fields of study in the humanities and is becoming increasingly recognised for its ability to solve language-related problems at a micro and macro level. The ‘Applied Linguistics Alumni Network’ aims to link current students, graduates and the academic staff to allow information sharing and social networking.
Find out from our students what it’s like studying Applied Linguistics at Monash, follow our journey as the world leader in the field and how we develop the new connections with the industry.
Interested in furthering your studies in Applied Linguistics at Monash?
Find out how to apply: Master of Applied Linguistics, or Graduate Research in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics.
- by Chun Li In this busy September, our research students made a timely catch up with their supervisors and colleagues to show the progress they had ... Read more
- by Chun Li What are the features of Internationalization in Applied Linguistics program? Marc: I think our Applied Linguistics program is very advanced in the international ... Read more
- By Chun Li Dr. Zhichang Xu (Marc) is a lecturer in English as an international language (EIL) in the Faculty of Arts at Monash University. With extensive experience ... Read more
- For Teuku, studying Applied Linguistics at Monash University has given him more than just an academical experience. He found the lecturers very friendly and approachable, ... Read more
- By Fariah Amin Dr. Simon Musgrave, a lecturer in the School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics at Monash University, is one of the most popular ... Read more
- By Fariah Amin Sarah Murphy, one of the domestic students of the Master of Applied Linguistics, decided to study at Monash University after speaking with the ... Read more
- Looking for information of previous and upcoming fortnight’ s seminars? Click the links to find more! Semester 2 August 11The washback effect of CILS examination on learners of ... Read more
- By Chun Li Lazuar Azmi Zulferdi (Ferdi) is an Indonesian student currently taking the Applied Linguistics postgraduate course in Monash University. He is also one of ... Read more