For all enquiries contact:
National Centre for Australian Studies
PO Box 197
Caulfield Campus, Monash University
Caulfield East VIC 3145
Email: Alice McConnell
P: +61 3 9903 1684
F: +61 3 9903 4225
The Çanakkale/Gallipoli Wars 2015 International Conference
Monash University and Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University are proud to announce an international conference on the memory and the meaning of Gallipoli/ Çanakkale.
When: Thursday 21 – Sunday 24 May 2015
The conference program will straddle four days of papers, performances and presentations, beginning with a tour of the Gallipoli/ Çanakkale battlefields. It will feature the work of leading scholars of war and memory, and will include a musical performance and a commemorative service beside Anzac Cove.
Where: Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Dardanos campus
Situated on the shores of the Dardanelles, COMU is one of Turkey’s leading regional universities, home of the Turkish Australian Cultural Centre and a valued partner of Monash University.
See the confirmed list of speakers to date. Please note that the list of Turkish speakers is still to be confirmed
- The Battles: Strategies, Logistics, Commanders and Soldiers Read more
- Remembering and Forgetting War: Conflict and Reconciliation Read more
- Gallipoli/ Çanakkale Journeys: Tourism and Pilgrimage Read more
- Inscribing Gallipoli/ Çanakkale: Literary Visions Conflict and Reconciliation Read more
- Painting the Peninsula: Art, Film and Visual representations Read more
- Imagining Gallipoli/ Çanakkale: post memory and the media Read more
- Contested Ground: The politics of Gallipoli/ Çanakkale Read more
- Site Lines: Heritage, preservation and material culture Read more