What does Anzac Day mean to you?
Add your own stories and explore the meaning and history of Anzac day through the Anzac Remembered site:
Or discover the remarkable stories of Australian men and women featured in the One Hundred Stories:
Australia and New Zealand are fast approaching the centenary of Anzac Day, a day widely considered by many as both countries’ truly national days.
Despite its centrality in our foundational national mythologies and despite the widespread popular observance of the day itself, a history of Anzac Day is yet to be written.
- As The Water Diviner is released on commercial television and premieres in Los Angeles, researchers at Monash University reveal the identity of the film’s central ... Read more
- State Library Victoria hosts its 12th annual Family History Feast during National Family History Month in August. This year, the ever-popular program turns to the ... Read more
- Professor Bruce Scates and Halil Koc were featured on BBC Turkey this Anzac Day. Each had a Grandfather that fought at Gallipoli. Arm in arm, ... Read more
- Professor Bruce Scates walked the Gallipoli battlefields this Anzac Day with Halil Koc, grandson of Turkish war veteran Gazi Halil Koc. ‘We share a common story ... Read more
- Australia’s experience of WW1 is like no other country’s in the world. In association with the British Council, BBC presenter Razia Iqbal and an Australian ... Read more
- Last year a group of Monash University students travelled to Gallipoli and the Western Front with Professor Bruce Scates. This Anzac Day they are featured ... Read more
- Director of the National Centre for Australian Studies and Anzac Remembered Project Leader Professor Bruce Scates reflects on the how we will remember this Anzac ... Read more
- Monash University was proud to assist the Turkish community of Melbourne in raising the ‘Seeds of Friendship’ memorial in Kings Domain. The sculpture honours the enduring ... Read more
- Today Anzac Day is being marked at different locations all around the world.The Anzac Day Project will explore these different perspectives through our public surveys. Dr ... Read more
- Victorian stories of service, selected from the Monash University One Hundred Stories Project, can now be seen at the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne. The stories feature ... Read more