What does Anzac Day mean to you?
Explore the meaning and history of Anzac day through the Anzac Remembered site.
Or discover the remarkable stories of Australian men and women featured in the One Hundred Stories:
Australia and New Zealand are fast approaching the centenary of Anzac Day, a day widely considered by many as both countries’ truly national days.
Despite its centrality in our foundational national mythologies and despite the widespread popular observance of the day itself, a history of Anzac Day is yet to be written.
- As The Water Diviner is released on commercial television and premieres in Los Angeles, researchers at Monash University reveal the identity of the film’s central ... Read more
- State Library Victoria hosts its 12th annual Family History Feast during National Family History Month in August. This year, the ever-popular program turns to the ... Read more
- Professor Bruce Scates and Halil Koc were featured on BBC Turkey this Anzac Day. Each had a Grandfather that fought at Gallipoli. Arm in arm, ... Read more
- Professor Bruce Scates walked the Gallipoli battlefields this Anzac Day with Halil Koc, grandson of Turkish war veteran Gazi Halil Koc. ‘We share a common story ... Read more
- Australia’s experience of WW1 is like no other country’s in the world. In association with the British Council, BBC presenter Razia Iqbal and an Australian ... Read more
- Last year a group of Monash University students travelled to Gallipoli and the Western Front with Professor Bruce Scates. This Anzac Day they are featured ... Read more
- Director of the National Centre for Australian Studies and Anzac Remembered Project Leader Professor Bruce Scates reflects on the how we will remember this Anzac ... Read more
- Monash University was proud to assist the Turkish community of Melbourne in raising the ‘Seeds of Friendship’ memorial in Kings Domain. The sculpture honours the enduring ... Read more
- Today Anzac Day is being marked at different locations all around the world.The Anzac Day Project will explore these different perspectives through our public surveys. Dr ... Read more
- Victorian stories of service, selected from the Monash University One Hundred Stories Project, can now be seen at the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne. The stories feature ... Read more