The ACJC is an interdicisplinary Centre housed in the School of Historical, Philosophical and International Studies (SOPHIS) Faculty of Arts. Students can choose to study a single unit or undertake a Minor in Jewish Studies or Holocaust & Genocide Studies in combination with other degrees. Jewish studies subjects are accredited to a wide array of majors and disciplines.
Undergraduate units cover the following lines of interest, drawing on the diversity of its faculty across the university.
- Bible and Classical Jewish Texts
- Jewish Literatures and Cultures
- Judaism and Jewish Philosophy
- Jewish History (Ancient, Medieval, Contemporary)
- Israel and Middle East
- Holocaust and Genocide
- Interreligious Relations
- Yiddish Language and Culture
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Monash University offers Single Unit Enrolment to Non-Award students for ACJC units. Students enrolled in this way attend tutorials, have access to online student resources, and ... Read more