The ACJC hosts regular Research Seminars with local and visiting international scholars. Research seminars showcase research in the field of all our areas of interest – Jewish history and culture, Holocaust and Genocide, Israel and the Middle East, Judaism and Interreligious Relations.
Research Seminars are open to university affiliated academics, postgraduate and Honours students.
Seminars are held during semester on Wednesdays at 12 pm. For further information contact Dr Daniella Doron.
- Education and Initiation in the Novels of the Yiddish Haskole and Islamic Negritude, ACJC Research Seminar with A/Prof Marc Caplan (Wednesday 29 May, 12pm)The Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation invites you to a Research Seminar: Wednesday 29 May 2013 12:00-1:00 pm ACJC Krongold Seminar Room Level 8, Building H, Room 8.05, Caulfield Campus, Monash University Associate Professor Marc ... Read more
- The Holocaust, Human Rights and the Contemporary Museum, Research Seminar with Dr Avril Alba (Wednesday 17 April, 12-1pm, ACJC)The Holocaust, Human Rights and the Contemporary Museum Increasingly and internationally, Holocaust museums are being called upon to maintain their ‘contemporary relevance’ in order to retain ... Read more
- Darling Ruth and Ophie Dear: The Long and Unlikely Interracial Friendship of Two American Women, 1925-1984, Research Seminar with Dr Clare Corbould (Wednesday 24 April, 12-1pm, ACJC)Darling Ruth and Ophie Dear: The Long and Unlikely Interracial Friendship of Two American Women, 1925-1984 In 1928 a young African American woman from Texas by ... Read more
- The Coming of Age of a Post-Holocaust Community, Research Seminar with Dr Melanie Landau, Tuesday 5 March, 12-1 pmDr. Melanie Landau speaking on: The Future Is Bright! The Coming of Age of a Post-Holocaust Community This seminar will describe a research project in progress that ... Read more
- ACJC Research Seminar Series 23 October: Dr. Rachel Hughes (University of Melbourne), ‘The Khmer Rouge Tribunal, “Civil Parties” and the Cambodian diaspora’ The Khmer Rouge Tribunal, also ... Read more