This lecture is being held on Buchenwald Liberation day and will be followed by the annual Buchenwald Ball in honour of the Buchenwald Boys who came to Australia (details to come).
Daniella Doron is a Lecturer in Holocaust and Genocide Studies in the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation in the School of Philosophical and Historical Studies, a position supported through the philanthropy of Naomi Milgrom.
She received her Ph.D. in 2009 from the Departments of History and Hebrew and Judaic Studies at New York University, where she defended a dissertation entitled In the Best Interest of the Child: Family, Youth, and Identity in Postwar France, 1944-1954.
Most recently she was the 2010-2012 Schusterman Postdoctoral Fellow in Jewish Studies at Colgate University, offering courses in modern Jewish history, Jewish history and autobiography, and Jewish migration and diaspora. Previously, she was the 2009-2010 Ray D. Wolfe Postdoctoral Fellow in Jewish Studies at the University of Toronto where she offered courses on Postwar Jewish history and Children and the Holocaust.
Memory and Resistance of Jewish Musicians in Fascist Italy – Public Lecture
Public lecture by ACJC Visiting Fellow in Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Dr Alessandro Carrieri – Thursday … Continue reading Memory and Resistance of Jewish Musicians in Fascist Italy – Public Lecture
Lecture Series by Professor David Engel: The Holocaust in Changing Retrospect
Don and Sonia Marejn Lectures 2015 The Holocaust in Changing Retrospect by Professor David Engel … Continue reading Lecture Series by Professor David Engel: The Holocaust in Changing Retrospect
- David Engel, The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising after Seventy Years
- David Engel, A Jewish Collaborator Confesses: The Strange Life and Afterlife of Calek Perechodnik
- David Engel, Anne Frank’s Family: Between Europe and America
B.A. Minor in Holocaust and Genocide Studies
Holocaust and Genocide Studies provides undergraduate and postgraduate sequences focussed on knowledge about the Holocaust, … Continue reading B.A. Minor in Holocaust and Genocide Studies
ACJC Students Awarded 2014 Prizes
Congratulations to our 2014 prize winners. The ACJC thanks donors who enable our students to … Continue reading ACJC Students Awarded 2014 Prizes
- Women and Peacebuilding: Lessons from Post-Genocide Rwanda, Dr Jennie Burnet
- Revisiting Rwanda: Aftermath Conference Public Symposium, Sunday 24 August, 7.30pm
- Peter Beinart Public Lecture, Diaspora Jews and the Crisis of Israeli Democracy
- Aftermath Conference: Revisiting Rwanda on the Twentieth Anniversary
- ACJC and History host international research symposium on Trauma and Testimony