The ACJC offers support for internships in ACJC areas of teaching and research – Jewish studies, Holocaust and Genocide studies, Israel and Middle East studies.
- Roslyn Smorgon Global Internships ($4000)
- Peter and Barbara Kolliner Overseas Internships for students completing an ACJC Overseas Intensive ($1500)
- Mina and Leo Fink ACJC Domestic Internships ($1000)
- Jewish Holocaust Centre Wilson Family Scholarship in memory of William Cooper. ($3000)
Students must be enrolled in ATS 3130 Arts International Internship or ATS 3129 Arts Internship to be eligible for scholarship support. In addition, students must have completed at least 12 points of credit in Jewish Studies or Holocaust and Genocide Studies. Awards will be allocated on a competitive basis based on academic achievement and an interview. Students may be eligible for additional Monash Abroad funding.
Scholarships are designated for the following institutions subject to approval:
- Global Centre for Responsibility to Protect (New York)
- United States Holocaust Museum (Washington)
- Yad Vashem (Jerusalem)
- Commission for the Fight Against Genocide (Kigali)
- Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Centre (Johannesburg)
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum (near Krakow)
- Museum of the History of Polish Jews (Warsaw)
- Peres Centre for Peace (Tel Aviv)
- Aid Organisation for Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Israel – ASSAF (Tel Aviv)
- Jewish Holocaust Centre (Melbourne)
- Jewish Museum of Australia (Melbourne)
- Jewish International Film Festival (Melbourne)
- Sydney Jewish Museum (Sydney)
- Jewish Aid Australia (Melbourne or Sydney)
Read about Arts internships here.
Students enrolled in an Arts degree are able to gain academic credit and practical workplace experience through several work-integrated learning programs. Internships and Placements are an ideal way for the university to combine theoretical, classroom-based learning with experiential learning that prepares students for work in the real-world after the completion of their studies.
Travel and Study: ACJC Scholarships 2015
The ACJC offers an exciting range of scholarships for internships, language study, overseas intensive units, … Continue reading Travel and Study: ACJC Scholarships 2015
Start your B.A. Minor in Jewish Studies at first year
Jewish Studies equips students with an understanding of Jewish civilisation in its many aspects – … Continue reading Start your B.A. Minor in Jewish Studies at first year
B.A. Minor in Holocaust and Genocide Studies
Holocaust and Genocide Studies provides undergraduate and postgraduate sequences focussed on knowledge about the Holocaust, … Continue reading B.A. Minor in Holocaust and Genocide Studies
War and Peace: Models of Conflict Resolution (23 November – 6 December, 2015)
The course focuses on the Arab-Israel conflict and investigates current attempts to mediate peace between … Continue reading War and Peace: Models of Conflict Resolution (23 November – 6 December, 2015)