The Israel and Middle East teaching program is set within a range of global perspectives incorporating Israeli history, politics, law, international relations, public affairs, economy, cultures and arts. Undergraduate units provide students with a comprehensive, multi-layered knowledge of the history, politics, society and culture of the present-day Middle East, with a critical understanding of the contexts of current affairs. The sequence also offers an overseas study unit, scholarships for Hebrew language training, and exchange programs at universities in Israel.
- ATS3287 War and peace: Models of conflict resolution* (Prato)
- ATS3582 The history of the Arab-Israeli conflict
- ATS3599 Modern Israel: History, politics and society
- ATS3580 The Middle East in the modern world
- The course focuses on the Arab-Israel conflict and investigates current attempts to mediate peace between Jews and Palestinians, the impact of the conflict on the ... Read more