The Israel and Middle East teaching program is set within a range of global perspectives incorporating Israeli history, politics, law, international relations, public affairs, economy, cultures and arts. Undergraduate units provide students with a comprehensive, multi-layered knowledge of the history, politics, society and culture of the present-day Middle East, with a critical understanding of the deep-end contexts of current affairs. The sequence also offers an overseas study unit entitled, War and Peace: Models of Conflict Resolution.
Exchange programs incorporating Israel and the Middle East exist with the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University.
- ATS1355 Fanatics and Fundamentalists: The Global Politics of Violence
- ATS2582/ATS3582 History of the Arab-Israel Conflict*
- ATS2580/ATS3580 The Middle East in the Modern World
- ATS2599/ATS3599 Modern Israel: History, Politics and Society*
- ATS2691/ATS3691 Politics, Violence and Memory
- ATS2698/ATS3698 Crisis Zone: The International Relations of the Middle East
- ATS2701/ATS3701 Terrorism and Violence in Global Politics
- ATS3287 War and Peace: Models of Conflict Resolution