The Australian Jewish Population Study was established in 2007 through a partnership between Monash University’s Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation and Jewish Care Victoria. (Find out more about the Project Supporters)
The data sources for the project include the Australian Census, the Gen08 survey completed by over 6,000 respondents, focus groups, and consultation with organisational leaders.
Its objective is to further understanding of the demographic characteristics of the Jewish population and of constant and changing patterns within the Jewish communities of Australia, to provide the knowledge base to inform communal planning.
Find Out More:
- Education: a statistical analysis
- The largest survey ever carried out among the Australian Jewish community, GEN08, found that about 70% of Australian-‐born Jewish adults aged under 35 had attended a Jewish day school for at least part of their education.
- Poverty & Emergency Relief
- This report focuses on poverty in the Jewish population of Melbourne, with comparative reference to the Jewish population of Sydney.
- The New Zealand Jewish Community
- In 2008, B’nai B’rith Auckland, in collaboration with the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilization at Monash University, conducted a survey of the New Zealand and Australian Jewish communities.
Visual History Archive – Shoah Foundation
Monash University is the first Australasian university to provide access to the Visual History Archive…
Postgraduate students undertaking a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) can find supervision through the ACJC, History, Philosophy, Religion and Theology, or any other discipline.
Yiddish Melbourne Project
The Yiddish Melbourne project is designed and led by Professor Andrew Markus. Much of the…
Holocaust Autobiographies Published in Australia – Catalogue
A project sponsored by the Australian Centre for the Study of Jewish Civilisation and the…
Australian Archive of Jewish Music
The Australian Archive of Jewish Music is located in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of…
Talking History Project
The Australian Centre for the Study of Jewish Civilisation, in conjunction with the Jewish Museum…
Yisroel Shtern Project
The Australian Centre for the Study of Jewish Civilisation of Monash University in Melbourne is…
Laura and Israel Kipen Judaica Collection
The Laura and Israel Kipen Judaica collection houses materials relating to the history of Jewish…
Mapping Social Cohesion Reports
This summary report presents the findings of the third Scanlon Foundation Mapping Social Cohesion Survey…
Australia is a major country of immigration. In 2010, an estimated 26.4% of the population…